Made these beauties this week and can I just say the most decadent chocolate cookie ever!
I made them with our Fireside Winter Warmer and the cookies had just a hint of ginger and cinnamon coming through to taste. This recipe is one that can be used with any dark beer but I completely recommend using either our Fireside or our Backroads to give the cookies that extra special hit of wonderfulness.
Make sure you post a photo and tag us if you make some so we can all drool over the yumminess.
Fireside Chocolate Cookies
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
YIELD: between 2 – 3 DOZEN
- 180 ml of our Fireside or Back Roads (any Porter or Stout will work)
- 1 stick butter, softened (soft is key to mixing!)
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (1x 25og bag)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To make these decadent stout cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment (if you don’t have parchment grease your baking sheet with some oil or butter)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter with the sugars until fully combined. – Add the molasses, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Alternate the flour and the stout with the egg mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up enough to scoop out cookies. (Word to the wise these are very decadent cookies so a scoop the size of a regular teaspoon is going to be good)
- Scoop on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when touched.
- Cool completely.
- EAT THEM ALLLL